A 75 year old man burnt to death in Osun state
A 75-year-old man, Lamina Ishola, was burnt to death at his home in Aro area of Osogbo, capital of Osun State, while neighbours watched. People saw flame coming out of one of the rooms in the mud house where Ishola lived at about 9pm on the fateful day but because the smoke was too thinck, no one volunteered to go in to help.
An eyewitness said: some residents of the area made frantic efforts to put out the inferno before fire fighters arrived the scene but Ishola, a father of a ten-year-old and a 7 year old girl, burned to death before help cold come his way.
The 71-year-old brother of the deceased, who identified himself as Ademola Oseni, said the fire was caused by a kerosene lantern.
Oseni said Ishola, had a mental condition due to an injury he sustained in an accident and could have mistakenly hit the lantern while asleep, igniting the fire that consumed him.