13 Facts You Need To Know About The New Female Governor of Taraba State
As a citizen of a state of a country you need to know some vital things about your leader, in order to follow others understand what they are talking when they are discussing about the leader, in Nigeria Today, 7th of November 2015 we have the 2nd Female Governor in the country after the regime of Dame Virginia Etiaba of Anambra state Who replaced fmr Governor peter obi during her 100 days in office of the Peter Obi’s Impeachment saga, we have the woman that can do what a man can do even better , by name†Aisha Jummai Alhassan,†Bellow are the†13 Facts You Need To Know About The New Female Governor of Taraba State,†Aisha Jummai Alhassan
1. Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a Nigerian politician who is a Senator representing Taraba North constituency of Taraba State, Nigeria which she won under the platform of the Peopleís Democratic Party (PDP).
2. She later decamped to the main opposition party All Progressive Congress (APC) and became the Gubernatorial Candidate of Taraba State for the 2015 general elections. She was defeated in the election re-run held on 25th of April 2015 and failed to become Nigeriaís 1st female democratically elected Governor.
3. Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a fulani.
5. Aisha Jummai became the first female to be appointed Taraba State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice.
6. The first woman to be appointed as Secretary FCT judicial council and later appointed the Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on 17 December 2003.
7. she is big time business woman.
8. In the January 2011 PDP primaries, Jummai defeated the incumbent Senator, former Ambassador Manzo Anthony.
9. Asha is the first elected female senator from Taraba State.
10. Aisha Jummaiís elder brother is a former Senator Abdulazeez Ibrahim from 1999-2007.
11. Aisha Jummai is an active supporter of Taraba State Football Association.
12. Was appointed the first female Attorney General of my State (Taraba) in 1997.
13. Finally, Aisha Jummai is the first female Governor of Nigeria.