10 Things To Know About Prince Abubakar Audu (Oct. 1947 Ė Nov. 2015)
Death is not Holidays , Not a matter of days or weeks you and the person can see again , is for eternity , R.I.P To A Great Nigerian Political Hero ,†Prince Abubakar Audu (Oct. 1947 Ė Nov. 2015) , Till Death sir, you are still a great man.Prince Abubakar Audu, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in the just concluded Kogi state election which was declared inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, reportedly died, on Sunday, 22nd November, 2015. Here is a brief biography of the deceased foremost Kogi politician that you need to know.
1. Prince Abubakar Audu, was the first Executive Governor of Kogi State was born on 27th of October 1947, to the family of his Royal Highness, the late Pa Audu Oyidi, Orego Atta of Igala Land and the paramount ruler of Ogbonicha-Alloma in Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State.
2. Prince Abubakar Audu (born 1947) was twice the Governor of Kogi state. His first tenure was from January 1992 until November 1993 and the second from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2003.
3.He began his career as a bank worker, later proceeded to London from 1975-1978 where he studied banking and personnel management, obtaining professional qualification as a certified secretary, and as a Fellow of the Association of International Accountants of London, as well as fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Industrial Administration of Nigeria.
4. Late Auduís banking career lasted for a total of 25 years, which he spent with First Bank Ė formerly known and Standard Bank.
5. He made history as the first training officer of African descent and also as one of the first black senior management staff of Standard Chartered Bank in London and New York.
6. In 1991, he was appointed Executive Director of FSB International Bank PLC.
He joined public service in 1986 when we has appointed as Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning in the Old Benue state. He served in this capacity until 1988 when the cabinet was dissolved.
7. He contested on the platform of the National Republican Convention (NRC) and won the election held in November, 1991.
8. He was subsequently sworn in as the first executive governor of Kogi state in January 1992.
9. In 1998, democracy was again re-introduced and Audu, now with the All Nigeria Peopleís Party (ANPP), was elected again with over 700,000 votes while his opponent hardly recorded 50% of the vote cast. He was sworn in on 29 May 1999 as the 2nd Executive Governor of Kogi State.
10. He reportedly died, on the 22nd November, 2015, while seeking re-election on the platform of Nigeriaís ruling party, the All Progressives Congress.
To Be buried Tommorow. R.I.P Sir.